Ever dreamt about being the CTO in a growing Start-Up? – here is your chance
Are you an experienced CTO (Chief Technology Officer) looking for a new challenge and an opportunity to advance your skills and career in a great international working environment? In a growing start-up together with multiple people with several successful exits on their resumes?
Vita Media Group is a data driven lead generation & retention company, combining traditional affiliate marketing techniques to provide high-quality, GDPR-compliant leads with a revolutionary in-house retention engine, Ekstrapoint, which is the first of its kind loyalty and reward platform in the world where players meet operators, rewarding each player-action via free-to-play mode.
Vita Media Group is looking for a competent, ambitious and tech-strong CTO who will play an integral role in setting the company’s strategic direction, development, and future growth. Reporting to the Managing Director, you will oversee our overall technology development and technology utilization plan and manage all information technology resources of our company. Our ambitions with Ekstrapoint are high and we need you to be our technology go-to expert who can translate our commercial plans into specific user stories that maximize end-user value with minimal technical effort. We need to drive change and focus on new markets such as the US, so your ability as an enabler, and a problem solver in strategic issues facing the company whilst relishing ‘hands-on’ responsibilities will be imperative to your success. We take great pride in being a compliant and responsible company so the need of establishing processes and procedures that ensure clarity and transparency of the technology function, up, across and down the organization is of outmost importance.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Creating vision, strategy, timelines for the development and deployment of all technological products and services;
- Making executive decisions on behalf of the company’s technological requirements;
- Manage the department budget and resourcing, adhering to P&L goals;
- Work with the Managing Director and other executives to prioritize initiatives and required resources;
- Communicate business/technology alignment plans to executive team, staff, partners, customers, and stakeholders;
- Ensure appropriate level of code quality and documentation, e.g. through code reviews;
- Design, leads, and evolves appropriate processes (e.g. stand-ups, retros);
- Run 1:1’s to debug under-performing staff and amplify high-performing staff;
- Accurately forecasts delivery of ticket- and roadmap-level items;
- Ensure appropriate levels of security, e.g. by engaging or executing security auditors and overseeing implementation of recommendations.
- Programming Languages
- Java (Expert)
- PHP (Expert)
- HTML/CSS/JS (Expert)
- Services, Databases & Middelware
- AWS (ECS, EFS, RDS, ELB, Cloudfront, CodePipeline, CodeDeploy, QuickSight)
Other requirements we are seeking include:
- Proven ability to succeed with a minimal of guidance, manage several projects at once, and take initiative under unclear circumstances;
- A dedicated, emphatic and motivating leader of people and processes who is capable of successfully managing multiple tasks and meeting deadlines under pressure;
- Works very well cross-functionally, and can incorporate multiple diverse opinions into product initiatives, including making hard decisions about tradeoffs;
- Experience managing and developing both onsite and offshore teams;
- Demonstrated people leadership skills such as the ability to motivate, mentor, coach and develop people into top performers;
- Strong interpersonal communication skills and the ability to communicate effectively at all levels of the organization.
- You will work out of the office at Lyngby (near public transport);
- The company also has an office in Skopje, and it is expected that you can travel there several times a year;
- The position is full time with flexibility;
- We offer office snacks, lunch, coffee, and soft drinks;
- Further education and relevant courses are something we offer employees;
- We would prefer if you could start work as soon as possible;
- Salary commensurate with experience, and can include warrants or similar upside.
The application and selection process will be done in collaboration with Brinch & Partners. If you would like to know more about this opportunity and Vita Media Group & Ekstrapoint, please feel free to contact Partner Jens Christian Jensen by telephone +45 7020 2328.
In order to apply for the job, please visit the following page and upload your details in the Apply option. We look forward to receiving your application and CV as soon as possible. We will invite for interviews on an ongoing basis and close the job post when we have found the right candidate.
All inquiries will be treated confidentially.